New Year, New...Ah, Who Am I Kidding?

10:01 PM

Happy New Year!  Man, life has been crazy.  Between un-Christmas-tizing our apartment, finding nooks and crannies to tuck Emma and Jane's presents away in, and returning to work, my head is spinning!  Lucky for us, we got a snow day today, so Hershey and I got to spend a bonus day with our girls AND finished cleaning the apartment.  SCORE!

I've been spending a lot of time thinking about what I wanted my first post of the new year to be about.  I am not one to make New Year's resolutions, because I never keep them.  I always vow to be more organized, more money-wise, get in shape, and keep my house clean, and by February I'm buried under piles of junk, eating ice cream and ordering stuff off of Etsy.

So instead of boring you with resolutions that you will see on a hundred other blogs (resolutions which I assure you I wouldn't keep anyway), I'll give you a quick round up of my favorite stuff from 2013.

10.  Sophie the Giraffe.  She's pricey, but she's worth every penny!  The girls nommy-nom on all of her corners and nubs when their little teefies start bothering them, and she's super-cute, too!


9.  BuyBuyBaby.  As the sister company to BedBath&Beyond (my favorite wedding registry), BBB carries all of the best baby brands organized in a way that makes it easy to find exactly what you're looking for on the fly, and the customer service is exemplary.  Plus they take those 20% and $5 off coupons that the company mails out on a daily basis, so you get to save a ton of money.  Can't complain about that!

8.  Munchkin Fresh Food Feeders.  I purchased these thinking that they were used for teething, but hated them for that purpose.  After hanging on to them for a few weeks, I had an epiphany and logged on to Baby Center to see what other moms have put in these handy feeders.  They girls LOVE sucking away on frozen fruits, numbing their sore gums while providing them with sweets and nutrition.  


7.  Amazon Mom.  O.M.G.  Life made easier.  When you sign up you get 3 months free and then it's $79/year after that.  You get 20% off diapers and wipes AND free 2 day shipping with Amazon Prime.  When you sign up for Subscribe & Save, you don't have to worry about running to the store to pick up diapers or wipes or any of the other things that you buy on a monthly basis.  They just show up on your doorstep when you realize you're beginning to run out.  Doesn't get much easier than that!

6.  The way my daughters' chubby little hands look reaching out to grab something to explore.  I could just eat them up!


5.  Reading Workshop.  It was not easy to start, and I'm not sure that everyone agrees with what I'm doing, but I can tell you that my students READ.  They read more books than they probably ever have (with the exception of a few natural readers).  When you pass by my classroom, kids are holding books, talking about books, and writing about books.  And ENJOYING it.  As difficult as it is to leave my babies every morning, I know that I'm walking into one of the most fulfilling jobs on the planet.  Thank you, Penny Kittle.  

4.  The sound of the girls squealing with joy and laughter when they get the opportunity to hang out with other little kids.  They are such social butterflies!


3.  Exersaucers.  Seriously, any exersaucer will do.  I can stick the girls in their exersaucers and push them close together and they have the time of their LIVES talking to each other and playing with the toys (until they run out of steam, and then it's NAP TIME!).  

2.  Making home-cooked meals.  I got my mo-jo back in the kitchen, and I had so much fun making meals for Hershey and I, and towards the end of the year, making meals for Jane and Emma, too!  Find my favorite recipes here.  I will, as always, continue to update the page.

1.  MICKEY MOUSE CLUBHOUSE!!!!  Hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity DOG...when that song comes on, it's MAGIC!  I even purchased the song on iTunes and play it when the shit hits the fan, and it somehow calms Jane and Emma down.  Time stops when MMC comes on.  I'm not kidding.  If you don't believe me, take a look at this...


Or their reaction here:




There's got to be some science behind it, but whatever it is, I FULLY ENDORSE IT!  Thank you Disney for creating MMC!!!!!

That's all for now!  If you have any favorites you'd like to share, please leave me a comment!

And please don't forget to vote for us by simply clicking on the banners below!!  

Cheers to a Happy and Healthy 2014!  Time to make some new favorites!  xoxo

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers



Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

You Might Also Like

0 comments